Colorful, hearty and stew – features all the traditional ingredients of a good beef stew: minced beef, carrots, onion, and peas.
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 -4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 celery sticks, diced
- 2-3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 x medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 L beef/chicken stock
- ½ cup peas
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large non-stick pan over a moderate/high heat and lightly brown the beef mince.
- Add diced onion and garlic and cook for three minutes more.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients, except the peas and salt and pepper.
- Stir, bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer for about 40 minutes, or until the veggies are soft.
- Add the peas, bring to the boil and cook for a few more minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper accordingly.